Tag Archive Refugee

ByImmigration News

Jun 04, 2010

The Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration of the Department of State and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) of the Department of Homeland Security co-hosted a background press briefing on June 3, 2010 on U.S. refugee and asylum-seeker resettlement programs.

ByPhillip Kim

Green Card Eligibility by Immigration Attorney in Fresno

You may be eligible to apply for a green card (permanent residence) through your family, a job offer or employment, refugee or asylum status, or a number of other special provisions.
In some cases, you may even be able to self petition or have a record created for permanent residence on your behalf. In general, to meet the requirements for permanent residence in the United States,
you must:
Be eligible for one of the immigrant categories established in the Immigration and Nationality Act

Have a qualifying immigrant petition filed and approved for you (with a few exceptions)
Have an immigrant visa immediately available
Be admissible to the United States
Each requirement is detailed below.

Eligibility for an Immigrant Category

Individuals who want to become immigrants (permanent residents) through their qualified family member,

a job offer or employment, or a special category will generally be classified in categories based on a preference system. Except for immediate relatives of a U.S. citizen who are given the highest

immigration priority and a few other exceptions, Congress has set a finite number of visas that can be used each year for each category of immigrants. The general categories are listed below. For more

specific information under each general category, see the links to the left.

Family Based

Some relatives of U.S. citizens, known as immediate relatives, do not have to wait for a visa to become

available. There is no limit to the number of visas that can be utilized in this category in a particular year. Immediate relatives include:For More Information, Please Contact:
Fresno Immigration Attorney Phillip Kim
(559) 761-9742

ByImmigration News

New Search Results, from Technorati and Ingboo

Technorati and Ingboo have partnered together to provide an all new kind of subscription experience for Technorati content, including search results. Look for a blue Ingboo icon for a full range of subscription options.

Feeds are also available for:

Hottest Blogosphere Posts

Latest Original Articles from Technorati

The Technorati Blog

We also have channel feeds, writer feeds, and tag feeds, which can be found on their respective pages.

ByPhillip Kim

Green Card (Permanent Residence)

A permanent resident is someone who has been granted authorization to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis. As proof of that status, a person is granted a permanent resident card, commonly called a “green card.” You can become a permanent resident several different ways. Most individuals are sponsored by a family member or employer in the United States. Other individuals may become permanent residents through refugee or asylee status or other humanitarian programs. In some cases, you may be eligible to file for yourself.

The steps to become a permanent resident are different for each category and will depend on if you are currently living inside or outside the United States. The main categories are listed below. More information is available in the links to the left.

Green Card Through Family
How to apply for permanent residence when a family member petitions for you·
Green Card Through a Job
How to apply for permanent residence based on a job offer or employment.
Green Card Through Refugee or Asylum Status
How to apply for permanent residence when you have been granted refugee or asylum status·
Other Ways to Get a Green Card
Learn about the many other ways that you may qualify for permanent residence
If you are unsure which immigration path best fits your particular situation, see the “Green Card Processes & Procedures” link to the left which includes:·

Green Card Eligibility
Learn who can apply for permanent residence
Adjustment of Status
Learn about the multi-step process for individuals inside the United States that want to get a green card
Consular Processing
Learn about the multi-step process for individuals outside the United States that want to get a green card

For More Information,
Please Call: (559) 761-9742