Tag Archive Citizenship Services

ByPhillip Kim

Extend Your Stay by Immigration Attorney in Fresno

If you want to extend your stay in the United States, you must file a request with U.S.

Citizenship and Immigration Services . Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant

Status before your authorized stay expires. If you remain in the United States longer

than authorized, you may be barred from returning and/or you may be removed

(deported) from the United States. Check the date. Arrival-Departure Record, to

determine the date your authorized stay expires. We recommend that you apply to

extend your stay at least 45 days before your authorized stay expires.

You may apply to extend your stay if:

◆ You were lawfully admitted into the United States with a nonimmigrant visa
◆ Your nonimmigrant visa status remains valid
◆ You have not committed any crimes that make you ineligible for a visa
◆ You have not violated the conditions of your admission
◆ Your passport is valid and will remain valid for the duration of your stay

You may not apply to extend your stay if you were admitted to the United States in the

following categories:

◆ Visa Waiver Program
◆ Crew member (D nonimmigrant visa)
◆ In transit through the United States (C nonimmigrant visa)
◆ In transit through the United States without a visa (TWOV)
◆ Fiancé of a U.S. citizen or dependent of a fiancé (K nonimmigrant visa)
◆ Informant (and accompanying family) on terrorism or organized crime (S nonimmigrant


For information on how to apply, Please Contact:
Fresno Immigration Attorney Phillip Kim
(559) 761-9742

ByImmigration News

Some judges delay swearing-in of citizens, report says (The Standard-Times)

WASHINGTON — Federal judges in some parts of the United States have delayed citizenship oaths for immigrants, apparently to keep millions of dollars in fees that would otherwise go to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, according to a new…