Citizenship for Military Members and Their Families

ByPhillip Kim

Citizenship for Military Members and Their Families


The U.S. military members are recognized for their sacrifices to the country; therefore, USCIS works towards helping undocumented military personnel and their family members obtain citizenship. Under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), certain members of the military and their families may have their application for citizenship expedited and processed overseas. Members of the U.S. military may also have their families petition for permanent residency status (obtain green card). If your spouse is deployed/ will be deployed or if you are a surviving spouse or children of a military personnel, you may have certain benefits from the naturalization process.

About the author

Phillip Kim administrator