Apply for Your Original Driver License.
AB 60 applicants can now make an appointment online, on the DMV NOW iPhone/ Android applications or by phone, to visit a DMV office beginning January 2, 2015 when the new law is implemented.
Note: This appointment should be made as an “Original Driver License.”
Customers applying for an original driver license will need to do the following:
(1) Study for the driver license exam
(2) Complete a driver license application form (DL 44) available at the DMV office
(3) Under AB 60, applicants will need to provide DMV with:
Proof of identity and California residency
(4) Pass a vision test, TouchScreen knowledge (written) test, and if applicable, a road sign test
(5) Give a thumb print
(6) Have a picture taken
(7) Schedule a future appointment for the behind-the-wheel driving test
For more info, click HERE.