Tag Archive Visa Immigration

ByPhillip Kim

How to Apply for a K-1 Fiance Visa Immigration Attorney Fresno Green Card Lawyer

Spouse and Fiance(e) of an American Citizen

Spouse – If you are an American citizen you have two ways to bring your foreign spouse (husband or wife) to the United States to live. They are

Immigrant visa for a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen – An immigrant Petition for Alien Relative is required.

Nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) – It is important to note that application for the nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) who married a U.S. citizen must be filed and the visa must be issued in the country where the marriage took place. After the visa process has been completed, and the visa is issued, the spouse can travel to the United States to wait for the processing of the immigrant visa case. Two petitions are required:

Petition for Alien Relative and
Petition for Alien Fiancé (e)

Fiancé(e) – If you are an American citizen, you may bring your fiancé(e) to the United States to marry; and live here.

Nonimmigrant visa for fiancé(e) (K-1)- To travel to the United States for marriage. fiancé(e) petition is required.

For More information, Please contact

Immigration Law Offices of Phillip Kim, Inc.
8050 North Palm, Suite 300 (Palm & Nees)
Fresno, CA 93711

(559) 761-9742