Tag Archive Educational Materials

ByPhillip Kim

Citizenship Through Naturalization by Immigration Attorney in Fresno

Naturalization is the process by which U.S. citizenship is granted to a foreign citizen or national after he or she fulfills the requirements
established by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).

In most cases, an applicant for naturalization must be a permanent
resident (green card holder) before filing. Except for certain U.S. military members and their dependents, naturalization can only be granted in the United States.

You May Qualify for Naturalization if:

You have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years and meet all other eligibility requirements.
You have been a permanent resident for 3 years or more and meet all eligibility requirements to file as a spouse of a U.S. citizen.
You have qualifying service in the U.S. armed forces and meet all other eligibility requirements.
Your child may qualify for naturalization if you are a U.S. citizen, the child was born outside the U.S., the child is currently residing outside the U.S., and all other eligibility requirements are met.

How to Apply for Naturalization Prepare for taking the naturalization test before you apply. We have educational materials and resources to help you prepare.

Note: You may already be a U.S. citizen and not need to apply for
naturalization if your biological or adoptive parent(s) became a U.S.
citizen before you reached the age of 18. For More Information,
Please Contact:
Fresno Immigration Attorney Phillip Kim
(559) 761-9742